General Meade's Headquarters at Gettysburg
George G. Meade selected widow Lydia A. Leister's farmhouse on the Taneytown Road, near National Cemetery, for his Gettysburg headquarters. When Mrs. Leister returned to her home, her livestock was gone, her crops trampled, her house shelled, and there were dead horses in her yard. The photo was taken after the area had been cleaned up, with only a few signs of the battle remaining.
- 1865 circa 5 years
- Original Format:
- Albumen Print
- download hi-res watermarked image
All Licensed images are available for download as jpeg files at 300 dpi of original size.